VAFS Forums
September 15, 2008, 12:06:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Acft maintenance in new VAFS  (Read 232 times)
fly-sea

« on: August 31, 2008, 12:31:59 pm »

Hi Mike,

Do we know what features regarding the acft maintenance and technical status of airplane will be potentially available in the new VAFS version? (so overall condition of the plane, failures maybe, planning of maintenance, consequences if not done on time...etc)

Think it s one of the things that people were looking forward to see in the next release.

Rgds Tom
CrashGordon

CEO, Omega-Air Virtual Airlines

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 09:14:56 pm »

I'm tempted to ask what next, tax audits and labor negotiations?

If the things you suggest were ever implemented, I would hope it would be as an option.  My view is that if there are too many roadblocks to pilots  flying when the want and to a successful conclusion, they will simply stop flying.

Gravedig2 - Sean
Developer

Optrix Hosting

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 09:33:29 pm »

My view is that if there are too many roadblocks to pilots  flying when the want and to a successful conclusion, they will simply stop flying.

A proven fact!

nckheinrich

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 08:55:24 am »

Ahh most of those things he mentioned are for the CEO. unless the plane is unable to.

Fly with us at The Sun Dogs
http://thesundogs.tripod.com/
Gravedig2 - Sean
Developer

Optrix Hosting

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 09:00:18 am »

I mean, you could just announce to your members that XXX aircraft is down for maintenance and anybody flying a flight with that would be reprimanded and flight be deleted.

CrashGordon

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 09:08:31 am »

I'll illustrate the problem.  A little while back I discussed the idea of flying from last destination with the pilots.  They all thought it would add realism.  Yet, when I turned the feature on, their flying dropped markedly (no pun intended).  They can't do anything with v$, but wouldn't pay the jumpseat price.  Needless to say, I turned the feature off.

fly-sea

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 11:36:25 am »

I will leave tax audits and labour negotiations to you.

And, I absoulutely support the idea that this is an option.
Also, any item I ever mentioned are things which you find in real life airline operation. If you fly with FS PAX than you will catch what I m pointing to - bad landings, no maintenance,..etc have some consequences, so why not simulate it. I do nto want to use 10 addons, I would prefer to have one.
Last but not least, if flynet can do it, I m sure VAFS can do it as well...

As far as realism is concerned, any VA should be able to choose which level they would like to simulate. If your or any other VA pilots do not want to fly under the certain rules, that s ok, but it s still not a reason not to offer the option where important and completely logical things are not supported. aircraft flying from last destination (not the pilot - he can always travel) is one example.

rgds Tom
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 11:43:24 am by fly-sea » Logged
VAFS001
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 12:42:36 pm »

I will be experimenting with different options once a new build is out with the current planned updates.

I now I could shut systems down, make landing gear go all funky on ya and stuff like that so there may be areas where I could setup different "realism" settings for a VA.

Mike
CrashGordon

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2008, 07:46:14 pm »

If you fly with FS PAX than you will catch what I m pointing to - bad landings, no maintenance,..etc have some consequences, so why not simulate it.

I have used FS PAX.  Screaming passengers, war zones and a copilot that cries, "mommy", weren't my thing.

I'd have no objection to it as an option.  If it is an option, I'd hope that there was an optuion to automatically repair ailing aircraft.

fly-sea

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2008, 07:40:56 am »

well, idea behind is slightly different:

as acft needs maintenance after, ie 20 legs, every landing reduces acft tech status by 1%.

when acft comes to less than 80%, troubles should start.
pilot before the flight has possibility to click "repair acft" and in that case, it costs X USD.

if you land with more than i.e. -400 ft/min than, you loose 2-3% of acft health instead of 1%, for more than -1000ft/min you loose 10% and if you hit with more than -1500 ft you need a real repair before the next leg -

Numbers is this example are ..example.

that s one of the ways to use maintenance features and define when to trigger the problems...i do not think tech problems should be generated just randomly... there should be some logic behind.
Rgds Tom
VAFS001
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2008, 03:05:57 pm »

Correct Tom and that is the area I will be focusing on, different components of the aircraft as far as cycles and hours. Just not sure how indepth I want to take it. I will however test a few things here and there.

The first thing I would have to look at is how many aircraft actually have over 100 cycles on them.

Mike
fly-sea

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2008, 11:04:55 pm »

not many does 100 legs I guess... that s why I think 10-20 cycles are more applicable to VA world. In RL, mid ranger will do on average 6-8 legs per day (in low cost even 8-10), in active VA, on average, 1 leg per airplane per day would already be a success. It s for sure challenge to transfer this rates from RL to VA world and make them having sense. For going even deeper to the rates for different systems and components is maybe even too detailed for VA world, but if you found the right model that will not make too much hassle on programming side, more than welcome. TO make things more interesting for pilots and management, perhaps maintenance cost on sation other than hub should be considerable more expensive...so people should think if it s better to repair it before dep from the hub or risk to burn a lot of money from the VA if MX will be required outside... of course this is already for VAFS 6 and later :-)

CrashGordon

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 05:12:56 am »

Whatever happened to the KISS principle?

VAFS001
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2008, 07:11:28 am »

I tried to KISS but she slapped me across the face....... LOLOLOLOL

I am going to try to have it as robust as possible but simple to maintain on the CEO side.

Mike
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: